- Follow @Twitter_tips for interesting Tips about Twitter and for lots of new tools!
- Follow @twitlonger and register on their website. You will be able to post more than 140 letters. They will give you a link, so your followers can read your whole story.
- Follow @unfollowr and get a DM when followers unfollow you!
22 January 2010
13 January 2010
Interesting as it is, he mentioned that it is similar to the PageRank model. There it's necessary that you get as much back links from related blogs and websites (best is high-quality -> with better PageRank as yourself) to climb higher in your PageRank.
In Twitter the ranking of your tweets works in this way:
If you are in connection with a lot of members who tweet about similar topics -Iphone as example- then Google will "look" who your reputed followers are (like how many websites with PageRank 6 link to your blog). If you are yourself reputed, then you give some of this reputation to other followers who follow you (Link juice called in PageRank methodology).
Even with less followers you could get on Page ONE in Google, if you have some Iphone-Gurus who follow you or if you are already an Iphone-Guru :)
A red flag is set by Google if you use Hashtags in your tweets as Google treats this for now as SPAMMY, even when it's a helpful search option within Twitter (perhaps because of this Google won't display such tweets).
Five steps for your Tweet on Google's 1st page
- Quit Twitter follower programs: They don't give you targeted followers to reach a good position in a Google search
- Use Hashtags more carefully if you want to get into a good Google search position
- Get targeted Twitter follower, use Twitter's own search and type in your keywords, follow the persons you like because of their tweets or use Buzzom (the only difference is you won't see the tweet but it's faster to follow targeted persons, there you can unfollow persons, too)
- Try to get mentioned by other Twitter members as this increases your popularity within your followers and your soon-to-be-followers -> Retweet other members tweets more often
- As always Google has implemented some secret algorithm to find the "signal in the noise" for which tweet will be shown in the search (if you think of Obama and millions of tweets, it's more likely that it will be related to an actual topic).
08 January 2010
That we pay way too much for Ink and too less for Crude oil or that medicine is still too expensive in comparison with alcohol?
What do you think about these prices?
Graph source: Gizmodo
02 January 2010
The next time when you get another DVD, keep the envelope and recycle them into some fantastic Origami Art.
There are already some easy Origami folding instructions on the web available which are specifically for Netflix Envelopes.
Here are some of the examples which you could make with your Netflix envelope. For the instructions how to fold your Netflix envelope visit - NetFlix Origami.
All pictures are from Netflix Origami and link directly to the instruction page!